Hi Everyone! If you didn’t already know, I graduated from University back in June which you can read about here. With only a month left until universities here in the UK go back, I thought that I’d share some of my tips and experiences.
- Buy all the stationary. Possibly one of my most favourite things about starting university was splurging on lots of folders, notebooks and pens. If your organised from the onset it’ll really help when it comes to writing essays and studying for exams.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It can feel quite intimidating in some classes when everyone’s engaged in debates and your feeling a bit lost or confused on something. What I always found helped was making sure that I had lecturers email addresses so that if I ran into difficulty or needed reassurance on something I knew how to get in touch.
- Friendships come and go. University is a great opportunity to meet a diverse range of people from all backgrounds and walks of life. During my undergrad degree I was definitely a floater when it came to friends, I more or less got on with everyone and therefore didn’t necessarily have a core key group of friends. The people from university that I’m friendly with today, I didn’t meet until my final year. It is hard to keep in touch with everyone but one thing I would say is to put in effort with friendships but at the same time, don’t get too caught up if others don’t reciprocate.
- Enjoy the stress. (say whattt?!) yup you heard right. I feel as though I rushed a lot of my university experience to get past deadlines and for exam season to be over but in reality, at graduation I felt a sadness that as much as I moaned during my time, I really secretly enjoyed university. So as much as essays and exams are a pain in the butt, try to make the most of it because when you leave you realise how much you miss uni.
- Say yes to as many new things as possible, go out for drinks with course friends, join a new society, talk to new people.
My time at University definitely moulded me as a person and improved my confidence. Its not only an opportunity to enter the world armed with a degree but more that you learn lots of new things and have new experiences!
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post 🙂 be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments and follow if your new.