I realise that we are already 13 days into 2017 and I haven’t jumped on the bandwagon of new years resolutions like I said I would. If the truth be known, as much as I like the thought of setting resolutions most years I don’t stick to them. “Drink more water” 3 days into the year and indefinitely I’ll have already failed on that one *or forgotten* oops.
As much as you may think that goals and resolutions sound like the same thing I prefer setting long term goals that I’ll really want to strive towards achieving. 2017 is going to be a very different one from previous years as I leave education which I’ve been in for 17 years *say whaatt?!* so as you can imagine it is a daunting thought. Even more so when people start asking what I have planned post uni, which as it stands is nothing. Yet, as much as it is a scary prospect it is also exciting as the next chapter of my life opens, even if I don’t at this moment in time know what it will entail.
- Work as hard as I can at finishing my degree in history. This is a goal which I shall hopefully achieve by June.
- Learn to drive during the summer. Something that I’ve never got round to doing because I’ve always prioritised studying over it but this year I really want to get my licence and gain some independence.
- Invest more time into hobbies. I love reading and painting and I really want to make more time to relax.
- Further the blog. Although I might not be the most consistent blogger out there, blogging is something I enjoy doing whether that is sharing makeup products I love or writing a lifestyle post. Its really cool to engage with people from all over the world.
- Travel more. I’d like to visit more of Europe this year, I have a big list of places I’d love to visit so hopefully I can tick a few off the list by the end of 2017. But Scotland really is a beautiful country too so I’d like to also explore more of the country I call home.
- Spend less time comparing myself to others and wasting energy on negative people. This was something I felt held me back in 2016 and brought me down.
- Be happy and healthy. By far this is the most important thing on the list of things I want to achieve in 2017.
I hope that you liked this rambly post! Kudos to you if your still reading! Leave me a comment below letting me know your 2017 goals and be sure to follow to keep up with my content.